1969 Portugese Panel Van

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rear centre x member had a nasty dent, heated and pulled out as best as poss
dentedxmember.jpg

rearxmemberpullout.jpg

floor near sliding door was a bit of cooker or something plus the i beams were rotted, replaced
floortop.jpg

floorunderside.jpg

floorIbeams.jpg

floorrepairtop.jpg

still need to clean the welds up

heater tube and front x member it runs thru removed and replaced (not impressed with schofield x member it was shit had to modify it)
frontxmembercutout.jpg

underside-1.jpg

still a fair bit to go little repairs plus o/s jacking points and inner sill will see how we get on

Thanks for the update Nick :oops:

I will be able to get up there this weekend , was away this , see you soon , Excellent work matey , ;)

young_dubya said:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Where are the jacking points from?? Is the quality good?? :mrgreen:

The jacking points were from VW Heratige mate , best quality ones ,

I went to see the van today and the work Nick ( hogseye ) has done is excellent , Cheers mate :D

Still a bit to do but its getting there 8)

Took the quarterlights out and drop glass ready for the doors to come off , :msn4:

Good work Grazy.

When you've got the underside solid I can not recommend KBS products enough for the prep and finish. I used their Aqua Klean, Rust Blast and Rust Seal from The Rust Shop on the underside of my bus. I did 3 coats of the rust seal in Matt black. You could go one further and do a coat of Blacktop gloss on top of that 8). As you've got the van on the Jig I'd definitely spray it on mate. Brushing it was a bit of an ass and took about a month to get it all off my skin! :roll:

Ok So as promised , here is the update ,

Due to my impaitence and Nicks (hogseyes) lack of available time the van is being shipped off to another workshop to be completed ,

100_2095.jpg

100_2094.jpg

100_2096.jpg

100_2097.jpg

100_2098.jpg

So off into the sunset goes the van , soon to be whole again :D

Just to also say a massive thanks to Nick and Chris for all their help and I hope Nick that is a load off you shoulders ;)

Latest posts