1969 Portugese Panel Van

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Johnny said:
i have a set of those and they are great but dont have the space or the man power to flip it it pretty tough to get it oer but once you get to the pivot it just flips.
if you get it positioned just right you can do it on your own, if its minus engine

hogseye said:
Johnny said:
i have a set of those and they are great but dont have the space or the man power to flip it it pretty tough to get it oer but once you get to the pivot it just flips.
if you get it positioned just right you can do it on your own, if its minus engine

engine and gearbox out, it took two of us, two 3T jacks and several long pieces of wood. Almost put my back out again, :lol:

i must have a crappy set of rollers :|

when it did go, it almost pulled my mate over the top as he was hanging on the other side for leverage.

Johnny said:
hogseye said:
Johnny said:

engine and gearbox out, it took two of us, two 3T jacks and several long pieces of wood. Almost put my back out again, :lol:

i must have a crappy set of rollers :|

when it did go, it almost pulled my mate over the top as he was hanging on the other side for leverage.

popped over today for a quick look at 'the scrapping off underseal' results rolled it myself no probs could have been drinking a cup of tea at same time and eating a party ring. you need a better roll over jig or stop rolling it up hill ;)

Nice work Grazy. Will be keeping a close eye on this thread as I work on my pv. Although I think you should have on the inside of the van first, maybe the interior panels! :lol:
Good luck fella, keep them pictures coming. ;)

Nice progress mate, will be popping over soon to make sure Stu hasn't eaten all the biscuits..

had a look at the underside today just to see wot you boys had been up to
underside.jpg

then i had a close look and oh shit....... as you say in those massage parlors you go to grazy 'it just came off in my hand!'

undersidebroken.jpg

:shock: :shock: What have you done Nick !!!! , Oh well it needs replacing so get rid of it ,
Not been feeling 100% of late so not been up the workshop , but Steve ( Ooro ) has been carrying on with the chore of removing old underseal, Cheers Bruv ;) And Nick tells me he is busting out the welder this week if he has the time Cheers bud

More pictures soon ;)

I know it's entirely OK Graham, but It looks fooking scary laying on it's side like that :shock:

Keep up the good work Dude ;)

Know what you mean dude. Its like seeing a motor bike lay down its just sad lookin :(

Coming along dude! Should be a bit quicker without all that underseal and all the steel hogseyes's pulling off :lol:

been rough today so aint made it up there, but hopefully sunday with a new weapon i just got to speed things along 8)

That's a really cool van you have there mate.

Thanks for the screen much appreciated, was a great day to have a meet weather was awesome!

I'll keep a close eye on your thread.

Mike.

Graham, its been almost a month since you last posted........on holiday are ya lol

Come on update us all!

Just

comin to bustypes?tryin to get my panel freshend up for eb line up,runing out of weekends :lol: still clocks change tomorrow night extra hour of bus time ;)

time been limited for me (child care work etc :roll: ) but got some bits done, aint seen much of grazy tho seen more of ooro !!
this is LHD so bear that in mind when o/s and n/s given

n/s/f jacking point and outrigger removed and replaced, and chassis rail repaired for about 16"
chassisbighole.jpg

nsfjackpointstripped.jpg

nsfjackpoint.jpg

n/s/r jacking point and part of inner sill repaired/replaced
nsrjackingpoint.jpg

nsrjackingpointcutout.jpg

nsrjackingpointrepair.jpg

Latest posts