Billy breaks cover (or Graham & Jen's new bus)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wheel adapters for the roller finally arrived and tipped the bus on its side tonight and started the task of removing the underseal (with the help of Jen & Adam), some of it flakes off whereas other bits need heat and a lot of scraping. it looks like its going to be a long task.

5e8f76f5.jpg

b207bdeb.jpg

01dbdee2.jpg

there is a "tech tip" ( remove undercoating) in my Airmighty mag that i got free at EBI4.

It's all about using diesel and brake cleaner :shock: :eek:

you want me to scan it to you m8???

Buss69 said:
WOW, how solid is that underneath? How come the underseal is white/ cream in colour?

I think thats sand, it camoe from the edge of the Mohave desert and is covered in the stuff

marcher said:
there is a "tech tip" ( remove undercoating) in my Airmighty mag that i got free at EBI4.

It's all about using diesel and brake cleaner :shock: :eek:

you want me to scan it to you m8???

Hi Matt, I've probably got it at work, will have a look if not I'll drop you a note, thanks for that

Hi Matt

Had a look at work but can't find it, do you know what issue it was in (number is on the bottom of the spine of the magazine),

it's in issue 02 summer 2010, page 59.

I think they gave away old copies in the goody bag at ebi4???

Happy to scan it to you, but you'll have to wait until Shell's home. I have no idea how to use the new printer :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops:

Cheers Matt, that issue is at home, didn't realise it was an old one they were giving away, no need to scan it but thanks for the help,

Looking good under there :) I'd of been bricking it when rolling it over in case it all went wrong!

More underside cleaning tonight, the Diesel and brake cleaner technique from Marco is a far cleaner way of doing it without a heat gun, underside is a grey colour not body colour except the arches and where there is over spray from the body itself.

f7096391.jpg

0c87de77.jpg

Carry on cleaning off the bits that are painted and reapply paint to those areas , new cables whilst its on its side (handbrake, heater, rear lamp feed etc etc). Not sure what to do regards paint on the underside yet but thinking stonechip covered by body colour.

Sunroof buses have full belly pans from the factory, westies usually only have the side pans, not sure why to be honest as they are the same shell in theory.

Thats right for a tintop westy no belly pans, only on pop tops and sunroof buses from the factory

Graham L said:
More underside cleaning tonight, the Diesel and brake cleaner technique from Marco is a far cleaner way of doing it without a heat gun, underside is a grey colour not body colour except the arches and where there is over spray from the body itself.

Your underseal looks about the same as mine, i need to shift it. Could you explain the Diesel and brake cleaner technique please? ;) :msn4:

Cheers!

Alistair

Latest posts