Billy breaks cover (or Graham & Jen's new bus)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few more nights work and all the underseal on the belly pans is off and now stonechipped and the first coat of Blue on the underside, beam is coming off once its rolled back over so hence why no attention to that, wheelarchs will be done when its on the ramp.
5190fa32.jpg

0e2a1e75.jpg

8ea421f6.jpg

c0d5cf4a.jpg

0b95eb05.jpg

Once a few cables have been run back in tomorrow hoping to get it back onto its wheels and on the ramp

Welded on so they are not coming off!!

[img said:
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj174/projecx/Billy/0b95eb05.jpg[/img]

Once a few cables have been run back in tomorrow hoping to get it back onto its wheels and on the ramp

What! Not polished! I really think you've let yourself down :lol:

No photos for a while but work has been progressing if not a bit slower than I wanted,

Both front arches now stripped and stonechipped
b2cd5ad8.jpg

2c38e3e1.jpg

Cab area cleaned up and stripped down
7147567e.jpg

c50c7c84.jpg

Rear end stonechipped
77ff051a.jpg

Engine bay, battery trays and tank area cleaned up
4146d959.jpg

6d435187.jpg

a7c36207.jpg

Engine sat waiting to go
0384f60b.jpg

Gearbox brackets not right, not anyones fault here, we copied a US one and its wrong :evil: :evil:
7e5e4876.jpg

Need to get on as need to be out of the current unit by christmas :roll: :roll:

looking good, what was wrong with the gearbox bracket? did it fit the gearbox or was it due to the spacing of the box from the chassis?

awsome work brillent blue is my fav colour doing a 70 in the same colour myself wish i could of kept the original paint like yours some silly po painted yellow

AxlFoley said:
looking good, what was wrong with the gearbox bracket? did it fit the gearbox or was it due to the spacing of the box from the chassis?

Hi Mark

Spacing between the 2 mounting plates is wrong, holes don't line up properly and the rails are not wide enough to go over the gearbox mount, so lots wrong with it :roll: :roll: :roll: , back to the drawing board (angle grinder and welder :lol: :lol: )

Hi Graham

Whats the best way of getting the underseal of the arches?I'm looking to do a simillar job on mine.

Cheers

Kevin

Hi Kevin

Best to get all the loose bits off first, then use a sprayer with Diesel in it to soften the underseal up and then go with a scraper again, brake cleaner then gets the remaining residue off, the other way is a heat gun but the smell and fumes gave me a splitting headache.

Cheers for that Graham.Did you go down to metal before you stonechipped it or just back to the old paint?

Kev

OK quick update, Billy now has an MOT and the paperwork has gone into the DVLA today so with a bit of luck will get a reg number in about a week.

Not plain sailing though as big engine appears to have wrecked a main bearing so thats got to come out, a 1600 with twin 36's is going to replace it for now :cry: . First phase of the Interior being trimmed by Pete and Angie at Bromsgrove Auto Trimmers mid Feb and then going to Adrian at All Things Timber for the cabinets before going back to Pete & Angie for some final trim bits so looks like no Ninove for me, (maybe in the modern car but not the bus). Looks like end of March before it will be complete.

Some piccies as this is the Gallery

574f60d6.jpg

Engine going in but will be coming out again soon :(

abd5ac6c.jpg

Back on its wheels and ready for move to new unit

9678125e.jpg

86c5e940.jpg

bd22e0d0.jpg

Billy and other Brilliant Blue Deluxe off to the new unit just after Christmas thanks to Craig at BC Recovery

1f8a02f0.jpg

1e03a251.jpg

9ee6eb01.jpg

6a87892a.jpg

Last Sunday Paul (God Bus on Here) came and machine polished the bus, what a difference, photos don't do it justice as its come up really well considering what it looked like before. Now need to get the doors colour matched to the rest of the bus and it will all look the same colour.

Still lots of jobs to do: sunroof, sound deadening, insulation etc etc before it goes for trimming

OSullivan said:
Cheers for that Graham.Did you go down to metal before you stonechipped it or just back to the old paint?

Kev

Back to old paint which was all still there, tried not to go through it but did in a couple of places

Latest posts