Florida Bay - The Resto!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking amazing , and a credit to hard graft. Puk should solve the space prob's.
Looks really nice combo.

J & P
:D :D :D

Hi Matt what a turn around great work I've just read ya thread straight through from start to
Finish excellent job u have done from start to end well I say end we never finish working improving our rides ha ha , one question how did you fix glue the celotex insulation in between the panels ? What thickness is it ?? I'm looking to do mine soon .
Cheers happy journeys .
Adie

Hi Adie.

Thanks for your comments, the celotex was just cut to fit then held in with duct tape. Pretty simple really.

Thickness...hmmm...think it was 25 mm....can't quite remember.

Mat

First trip away this weekend in the Eriba Puck went without bother.

Pulling the Puck up those long hills on the Devon link road was OK :roll: :roll:

It was slow though! ! ! Third gear was used alot, but I didn't thrash it and she pulled steadily up the hills.....More worried about the PR1cks who have to overtake at the brow of the hills when the lanes are changing from two to one!! Perhaps their journey was way more important than ours.....we were the ones eveyone was looking at in Braunton though :msn4:

Was lush to turn up at the campsite, line up the Puck, get the legs down and level it out, plug in the hook up and bang on the kettle.......awnings are sooo last year! ;)

Are those pictures from the campsite - if so, where is it? Looks lovely in the sun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We stayed at Twitchen House Holiday Park then walked to its sister site Woolacombe Bay Holiday Park to check out their new deck. Camping isn't open until June due to the work taking place to upgrade the whole site. Looks really good and we can't wait to stay there!

Couple of update photo's to show what I got upto this bank holiday weekend.

Saturday was spent removing the ICT's from the beetle I also have, and stripping the bay engine back to get the inlet manifold off. What a job!

Then Sunday was spent at Stanford Hall.

Then Monday I plucked up the courage to hack saw the air filter stand off...but I am happy with the tidy cut. Then the carbs went on....after some effin and jeffin.....

Just fitted the vacuum hose this evening and took for a 10 min spin. Pulls much much smoother and the throttle response is better.

Rocker cover gasket has given up now so just popping back out to put two new ones on.

Update time...

Last Sunday I was up at 4.30am and took the dog out for a walk.

Then I jumped in the T5 and left Taunton at 5.30am. I hit Fleet services by 7.30am and Clacket lane some time after. Folkstone services turned up at around 10am ish.

Met Toffo24 who is a top guy, we had a good old chat and a cup of tea and I left a couple of hours later with this......

So over the Autumn months I will getting some much required power.
1903cc, 36 Dells, dinamically balanced with 101bhp @ 128 lbft of torque.
Should pull the Puck :D

:shock: :shock: :shock: Going to have to change the name now!!!!!!!!

From WHO, was that to, THE TEARAWAY FROM TAUNTON :lol: :lol:

Looks awesome and I am as :mrgreen: as hell. Will put paid to the towing problems.
Enjoy the ride.... Can't wait to see it fitted in the flesh. If your passing pop in for a brew.

J & P
:D :D :D

Right, so after a mental few months running my business I have finally pencilled in some time to fit this engine!
Starts this Saturday!
Then a day trip to Stanford Hall
Back to it Bank holiday Monday
Watch this space-it has to be completed before EBI😜

Latest posts