Sneak Preview 69

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
clyde said:
Im sure something can be arranged. If someone can get it to me on route back from Ninove next month i can bring it to Exeter and then bring it up to you a week or so later.

Thanks for the offer, ill email him, see wot the situ is.

Just

hi guys, here in germany you can get those trailers for some EUROs. i never really liked them, because everybody has one. i bought mine many years ago, it is not one of those small trailers. it is a real big westfalia trailer from 1958. what do you think about it?
T2a417g.JPG

SO62 said:
hi guys, here in germany you can get those trailers for some EUROs. i never really liked them, because everybody has one. i bought mine many years ago, it is not one of those small trailers. it is a real big westfalia trailer from 1958. what do you think about it?
T2a417g.JPG

:shock: That's quite large - looks early as big as the bus! Quite heavy?

Cheers!

Alistair

Nice trailer there SO62, expect you have to be careful not to load it up too much due to the weight.

Not meaning to take away from this Westy Trailer thread but: :mrgreen:

I managed to take a couple of very poor pictures of the speakers I have fitted:

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

I just need new door cards to get rid of the old speakers in the doors and fit some new front seat covers as mine are a little worse for wear.

Nice fit Jon.

I've been running 6x9's in my kick panels but the fit is a bit too tight and the weight of the speakers distorted the panels too much. May go back to 6'' speakers instead (and another set of kick panels :( )

SO62 said:
sorry, you are right! perhaps we should open a Westy trailer thread... ;)
No problem and that would be a good idea

EgoTrippin said:
Nice fit Jon.
I've been running 6x9's in my kick panels but the fit is a bit too tight and the weight of the speakers distorted the panels too much. May go back to 6'' speakers instead (and another set of kick panels :( )

Steve, I fitted a set of 6x9's to Windsurfers bus and as far as I know he has had no problems.

I used MDF, I think it is 4mm from Focus, 4'x2' sheet approx £3 which was big enough to make 2. I cut the holes and trial fitted. Then I used acoustic cloth and Carpet spray glue and due to the bend it didn't even need screwing on mine, but you would with the extra weight of the 6x9's. I have ton's of gray acoustic cloth if you want some, it would sit well with your interior.

Jon

Thanks Jon. I'll make up some new kick panels after I've sorted out all the other stuff on the bus!

windsurfer said:
It does look good Jon, and yes, my speakers are still sweet :mrgreen:

Glad to hear it, nice and loud I hope :lol:

I tested mine out at the weekend with a trip to Usk Castle with Mrs Faux and Faux Jnr:

IMG_0333.jpg

Great to get out in the sunshine, driving the bus with the sun on my face. The heat exchangers help :mrgreen:

I took a trip out today to see Ron (Rocket) and his new venture "VW Endangered Species", well worth the trip.

My poor bus has suffered a bit of rust under the windscreen that I can't ignore for much longer so I thought I would give Ron a call. I took the bus to his workshop and had a chat over the choices and he really is on my wavelength (apart from the lowered thing :mrgreen: ) . His workshop is clean and tidy and the work he and his welder have done are on display in order to make a good judgement.

Lets hope we can fit the work in around the show and camping season.

Hi Jon,

Had some work done on my new bus at VW ES. I'm very pleased with the work. Great service and great guy's. :D

Will certainly use them again when the need arises.

Si

How's the trailer coming on?

Jon

And as you probably saw there was at least one of my buses at Rons if not 2 of them now :lol: :lol:

Hi Just.....just repairs at the moment.

Hi NaFe.......Yeah, I didn't get back 'til 3:30 in the end, chatting VW's and looking over Ron's pride and joy, AMAZING!

Si.......Cheers for that, I had seen on your thread that you were happy with them.

Graham.......Yeah, saw 2 of your buses, they are in good hands I think.

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts