Sneak Preview 69

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jon...that sun canopy is flookin awesome!!!!! i love it....

if you ever decide it aint to your taste.... first refusal this way yeah?!? :mrgreen:

Nothing doing with the van at the moment but I did find a picture of Greg's, Custard's and my bus as we arrived at Brighton, cool show!
IMG_0286.jpg

And a picture of my Westy Trailer, I sold one a while back and wished I hadn't, so I managed to get this off Frank, it is really good, just needs a bit of tidying up:
IMG_0311.jpg

faux said:
And a picture of my Westy Trailer, I sold one a while back and wished I hadn't, so I managed to get this off Frank, it is really good, just needs a bit of tidying up:
IMG_0311.jpg

Hi jon,

Thought you would have had this repainted and looking like new by now. :shock:

Looks good and solid though. 8)

Cheers Loxy - they are very useful.

Cali_bay said:
Hi jon,

Thought you would have had this repainted and looking like new by now. :shock:

Looks good and solid though. 8)

Hi Si

Yeah, it has already been said to me, but I think when I do this one I will strip it right down and have it blasted and powder coated.

Saying that, with a light sand and oil the wood will be as good as new and the paint work matches my bus at the moment. So I think it will be staying as it is for a while yet, the suspension, wheels, tyres are all re-greased, new or cleaned up like new so many more miles in the old dog yet.

The white westy mafia now tow westy trailers :lol: :lol: :lol:
As long as its just to carry your beer, sorry cider, then its cool ;) ( or is there another member of the family on the way your not telling us about :lol: )

froggy said:
As long as its just to carry your beer, sorry cider, then its cool ;) ( or is there another member of the family on the way your not telling us about :lol: )

:lol: :lol: :lol: So Trace might finally get her way :oops: :lol: :lol:

windsurfer said:
froggy said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: So Trace might finally get her way :oops: :lol: :lol:

:| :| I need to quash that rumor now :| :| :mrgreen:

Cider it is and all of the stuff I used to cram into the back of the van :D

Jon

Im on the look out for a trailor too, thats a fine one!

Where did you get the rear luggage seal? I didnt even realise these were available :lol:

Just

creationblue said:
Jon

Where did you get the rear luggage seal? I didnt even realise these were available :lol:

Just

Hi Just

These trailers seem harder and harder to find, 2 years ago I bought one for £180 and this year I paid £400.... :| Westy Frank is who I got mine off, it is definitely worth contacting him to see what he has got, he's away 'til mid Feb.

The luggage rack seal i got from Schofields at Dubfreeze last year I think, £8 ish.

I managed to get a couple of hours on the bus this week and have fitted a set of JL Audio 16.5cm Mids and separate tweeters. I have put them in some custom made kick panels and run them off the head unit, I'm really happy with the sound.....not that it will ever be perfect in an old rattly bus.

When I eventually re-trim the bus I will change the door panels which have some old Alpine speakers in, but they are disconnected now. I will add a small sub or 6x9's when I can decide where they should go, preferably unseen.

I'll post some pics when it is light enough to take a photo.

faux said:
creationblue said:
Jon

Just

Hi Just

These trailers seem harder and harder to find, 2 years ago I bought one for £180 and this year I paid £400.... :|

Somebody must be buying them cheap and then floggin them on at a profit, that tends to inflate the market. :roll: :lol:
I paid £200 for mine the same weekend you got your first one Jon and Westy Frank as always charged well for these. It makes you sick because they go for nothing over in Germany where he gets them.

clyde said:
Somebody must be buying them cheap and then floggin them on at a profit, that tends to inflate the market. :roll: :lol:
I paid £200 for mine the same weekend you got your first one Jon and Westy Frank as always charged well for these. It makes you sick because they go for nothing over in Germany where he gets them.

;) :mrgreen: I know, I know.

Dont think a lid would be too hard to make. You could copy my hinges then its just 4 bits of angle and some marine ply. You could either leave it like that or put a period roof rack on it or just bolt on some classic car style roof rails which was what i was going to do to mine till i found the correct rack.
Price seems about right i would think these days in this country.

clyde said:
Dont think a lid would be too hard to make. You could copy my hinges then its just 4 bits of angle and some marine ply. You could either leave it like that or put a period roof rack on it or just bolt on some classic car style roof rails which was what i was going to do to mine till i found the correct rack.
Price seems about right i would think these days in this country.

Good thinking, i guess thats all the hardtop it after all! Essex is a long old drive from Bristol tho....... :?

Justin

Im sure something can be arranged. If someone can get it to me on route back from Ninove next month i can bring it to Exeter and then bring it up to you a week or so later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts