our shed (72 crossover)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've also slowly started putting the ancillaries back together.

Indicators;
DSCF0335.jpg

Lights;
DSCF0336.jpg

Badge;
DSCF0337.jpg

Handles;
DSCF0338.jpg

The oil in the picture second form top is where we also gave the engine a bit of a service, don't worry, it's not leaving it's mark that badly! lol

The plan for the rest of the week is for the bus to be at my mate's, so he can start going over it and find any MOT failures, and I can sort them before the MOT on Tuesday. Also to get the beam done.

Whilst this is all happening Kev will be working his magic on getting the bumpers straight and painted.

That just leaves the roof and interior to do. :)

Just drove the bus to my mate's workshop, and the exhaust fell off on the way. :lol:

Luckily we've got a 4 into 1 and single quietpack we was planning on fitting anyway, just have to make sure I get it done before the MOT now!

Indicators don't seem to be working either. :roll:

keep up the good work dudes! 8) nearly there now :wink:

Well time for a somewhat belated update. Due to personal circumstances I've not been hitting the bus as hard as I would like to. I also got let down by my supposed 'mate' who was meant to do the beam then didn't bother.

As such, it went for it's MOT on Tuesday, and failed miserably. 30 failures in total. So, armed with three red MOT sheets it was off to Kev's to see what could be sorted. Within an hour we'd sorted all the electrics, which counted for about half the list! The rest of the day was spent fixing the brakes (as a pipe went during the MOT :roll: ), fitting new shocks, and doing even more welding that we'd missed! This bus has got so much new metal in it it's untrue!

The following day we set about sorting the seats, so they were securely fixed. We also did away with the boards and custom made some new runners so they now sit a lot lower, and more useable. We also repaired the old beam until a time comes when the narrowed one can be fitted.

And that's that, all MOT issues sorted, and a good to go bus. :lol:

Admittedly it's not finished. The interior needs refitting (door panels, flooring, carpet etc), and the roof still needs painting, but considering the timescale we worked to, I don't think we did too bad.

I didn't camp at Peppercorn this weekend (personal reasons and the fact I can't stand bloody rain! :lol: ), so today I had a quick little bit of a fiddle with the bus again. I managed to get the bumpers and exhaust sorted, so the outside looks more complete (bar the roof). Anyways heres some pics;

DSCF0357.jpg

DSCF0354.jpg

Italian spec indicators, new pressed metal number plate and a black and brown paintjob! Cool as! 8)

Out back we've got the smoked lenses, empi single pack and more black and brown!

DSCF0360.jpg

DSCF0361.jpg

Hope you enjoy.

Nice one Scotty shame you weren`t at Peppercon but hey , van looks sweet . Sure ill catch up with you soon son :wink:

well done on getting it sorted, pity you didnt make peppercorn but it would have blended in with all the mud :lol:

Cheers guys. Missing Peppercorn was a big downer, but that's life.

Anyway's, I don't need to go to shows, I've got enough VWs to have my own show! :lol:

DSCF0363.jpg

Oh yeah, the neighbours love me!

Johnnyâ„¢ said:
Ah i love it! three generations of the same family.. very nice!
The neighbour has got a T4 too, so he don't mind. :lol:

Latest posts