our shed (72 crossover)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justin & Mutley said:
Looking great guys - you're really rocking now!
Did you spray the underseal on?

;)

Yeah. I find it's much easier to get into those hard to reach places using a spray as opposed to a brush.

jabbo said:
I also got Nic over to do some work as well (about bloody time :p )

cheeky bugger! :lol:

cant believe how much was done yesterday, was alot of little jobs that seem to take forever

Day 4.

Just in from another fun day's sanding and preping. At least we're finally starting to see progress though. Hopefully tomorrow should see the last of the body work.

I'm off out to get some more wet and dry :lol: , so here's a couple of pics for everyone to enjoy;

DSCF0319.jpg

DSCF0320.jpg

DSCF0321.jpg

And so comes to an end, day 5! I'm starting to feel up against it now. Or maybe that's just the chronic sunburn I'm sporting at the moment. Cold bath in 10 me thinks!

So to todays work.

We started off by rubbing back some of the bodywork again, in the areas that still needed attention;
DSCF0323.jpg

DSCF0324.jpg

Whilst by no means do we plan on getting the body arrow straight (that'll take weeks), and we don't intend for it to be perfect (it wouldn't suit Nic if it was :lol: ), we did want to do the best job we could given timescale and budget (short and little - like Nic!).

Whilst this was going on we also tarted up the dash, and started sizing up the cab interior;
DSCF0322.jpg

DSCF0325.jpg

Excuse the stain on the seat. :shock: :p

We then primered the top half, and took the bus to Kev's as we needed to use his garage;
DSCF0326.jpg

Don't worry we took the paper out of the windows for the short journey down there.

A couple of hours later, and out he rolled;
DSCF0329.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, brown!

It was then time for a quick refit, well front and rear lights, then back up to mine;

DSCF0331.jpg

The paint has a couple of issues that need sorting, but considering the timescale and costs, I'm more than happy. Just gotta leave it a couple of weeks before we can start polishing out the odd runs here and there. Not sure when we'll get round to doing the roof.

Tomorrow should hopefully see me finish most of the refit and wiring.

Laters. :D

jabbo said:
we don't intend for it to be perfect (it wouldn't suit Nic if it was :lol: )
theres a fine line Mr! :lol:

we did want to do the best job we could given timescale and budget (short and little - like Nic!).
youve just crossed it! :p

Excuse the stain on the seat. :shock: :p
that'll be my fault then *insert whistling smiley*

top work guys! looks great in brown now slam the bugger!

also not being funny but will you keep that front seat? i just wondered if nic would have probs driving it? i think id have trouble reaching the pedals!

roll on the brown love bus!

Latest posts