Tyres / Stance Thread - Lets see what ya runnin!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there anybody running the wagens west 2.5 drop spindles AND adjusters?
I am curious about that set up, and the "adjustability" it could offer if you are after a mild drop + a little stiffening ....
Any pics too?
Thanks

Is there anybody running the wagens west 2.5 drop spindles AND adjusters?
I am curious about that set up, and the "adjustability" it could offer if you are after a mild drop + a little stiffening ....
Any pics too?
Thanks

I'm running exactly that set up ibérico, good for tweeking it to get it just how you want it.

Stevenhewkin91 said:
Thought id finally get round to putting some photos up of our bus

Heres how we bought it,

Pretty jacked up at the back

then Lowered it and messed around with The sprint stars on. (Photo courtesy of dave warren) adjustable front beam and round on the spring plates, also wound down on the adjustable spring plates

Then put stock steels on (wound the back down bit more and more on the adjusters. 165/65/14 up front, 185R14C on the rear. (Front rode like a bag of shite) so.... lifted it back up an inch and this is how it sits now.

Photo volksworld took at busfest this year

Soon to have chrome 356 reps on... any pics of buses with 356 wheels?

Finally got round to fitting the 356 wheels. Now im massively undecided as to whether I prefer it with the dteels on. What do you all reckon?

Heres mine, finally starting to feel happy with the stance and ride quality...

Front
15" Radars with 165/55
Ball joint beam with adjuster welded in,
T2D Dropped spindles,
Gaz adjustable coilovers

Back
15" Radars with 175/65
Turned one spline,
Adjustable Slamwerks springplates

175/65/15's are a bit too small to be running on the rear, the rolling radius is a lot smaller than a stock tyre so your engine works harder, 185/65/15's are what most people run.

Bit of a newbie so sorry if this has been asked to death!!

I have a 71 Microbus (currently being narrowed and lowered) and once this is done i am going to do something no one else has a thought off and put a set of 15 Fuchs on :lol:

Question is tyre choice at the back i m thinking 185 65 15 with load rating of 92+ (its going be carry me wife kids x3 and dog) But not sure if do run the same at the front or go for something different (175 60 15?) any tips?

depending on how its lowered most people run 175/55/15's when using 185/65/15's on the rear, still has a tall enough side wall to give decent ride quality etc, if you are going really low then youll need something smaller but thats the combo i run on our bus (one nearest the camera :lol: :lol: )

its be lowered on 3.5" dropped spindles//narrowed beam//adjustable rear spring plates.

Won't be 'slammed' but should sit nice.

Graham L said:
175/65/15's are a bit too small to be running on the rear, the rolling radius is a lot smaller than a stock tyre so your engine works harder, 185/65/15's are what most people run.

When buying the rear tyres i was concerned after having had to use a 10mm spacer to get the wheels to fit over the hub nuts that clearance would be an issue on the 185's.

Having put the 175's on i think this would be the case as there is not much clearance even with these.

Would definitely be interested in the larger width tyres when i come to buy again, if someone could put my mind at ease with regards to the clearance?

175/55/15's will work fine on the front,

This is before the the KnL went on and it was on dropped spindles running 175/55/15s on the front.

and my old panel van with the same set up on it

BTW nice bus thats the colour i wanted when i first started looking but ended with this :lol:

Nice Patina but definitely needs lowering :lol:

Jay81 said:
175 55 15 all seem to have a load rating of 77, is this enough?

Not even close. I am running 91's on the front and 96's on the back. Even that is pushing it.

Sent from my 02_jbla668 using Tapatalk

Time for a change.

Stock width late split king and linkpin beam with adjusters and Transporterhaus dropped spindles, T2D adjustable springplates.
Banded 1967 15" Beetle steels with Continental Ecocontact tyres, 175/55/15 on front and 185/65/15 on the rear.

Finally! 7x17 fusch reps with 225x45's on the back, 15 x 5.5's with 175 60's on the front. TH dropped spindles on a stock beam and adjustable spring plates. KYB shocks. Rides and steers a dream.

apybu8yb.jpg
ga5ebuvu.jpg
8era6ajy.jpg

Running 180 50 14 at front and 180 60 14 at back.

Wanted to put. 15's on put don't think they ll fit with out rubbing too much!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts