Tyres / Stance Thread - Lets see what ya runnin!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I would add my bus to this.

Front Spec:
T2D 3"narrowed beam
T2D lift arms
T2D dropped spindles
Gabriel 49230 air shocks with adaptors using 6mm air pipe.
Air Lift heavy duty on board load controller and compressor.
Air Lift 200Psi gauge
Driving pressure between 80-100 PSI.

Rear Spec:
KYB shocks
Creative engineering adjustable spring plates with 2 spline drop and 1/2 back up on adjusters.

Wheels/tyres:
15" split screen wheels
Powder coated in RAL Signal White
Front Nankang AS-1 165-55-15
Rear Nankang RX615 185-65-15

avapege9.jpg

puru7u9a.jpg

Cheers
Sam

I'm currently running 356 chrome replicas that came on the van from the states, and I have had some 185/65 whitewalls done, but they will not fit into the arch with the van lowered 2" at the back. Just wondered if anyone was running this on UK bought wheels, might be better to buy new steels for the back.

Cheers Grazy it was a winter of hard slog but well worth it, it drives real nice.

sam@bugeyeddesigns said:
IMG_2979.jpg

Split beam (no adjusters) with 3.5" dropped spindles and stock shock absorbers
Stock rims with 165/70-14 front and 185-14 rear
Rear adjustable spring plates and shorter shocks.

:mrgreen:

Should probably update: Now stock height with 195r15 tyres on split steels

2 splines on rear, adjusters on front which has dropped it about 4". with 17" brm's 205/55/17 on rear 185/45/17 on front.
gonna fit some 3.5 transporterhaus dropped spindles soon. want it 50mm lower. so then I can go another spline on rear and then level out with the adjusters.

Baz70bay said:
2 splines on rear, adjusters on front which has dropped it about 4". with 17" brm's 205/55/17 on rear 185/45/17 on front.
gonna fit some 3.5 transporterhaus dropped spindles soon. want it 50mm lower. so then I can go another spline on rear and then level out with the adjusters.

If the adjusters were fitted "normally" then you'll have to have the adjusters set at their highest with 3 1/2" dropped spindles, or your tyres will be jammed in the arch.

standard height at the mo, hope to lower a touch . massive winter tyres on at the moment till I get it lowered. soz cant get direct pix up yet
http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag211/matherretro/jay70cornwall13131_zpseed483dd.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag211/matherretro/jay70cornwall13132_zps95178ef3.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

flyingchimp said:
standard height at the mo, hope to lower a touch . massive winter tyres on at the moment till I get it lowered. soz cant get direct pix up yet
http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag211/matherretro/jay70cornwall13131_zpseed483dd.jpg[img]

[img]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag211/matherretro/jay70cornwall13132_zps95178ef3.jpg[img]

leave it stock it look 8) as is

gu3enada.jpg

175 55 15 front
185 65 15 rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

195/60/15 on the rear and currently 175/55/15 on the fronts although will be going narrower very soon!

Those aren't alloys...they're mag wheels! (as we used to say in the 70's)

Very cool.

195/60/15 on the rear and currently 175/55/15 on the fronts although will be going narrower very soon![/quote]

What's does it drive like with 145's on the front?

Jay81 said:
What's does it drive like with 145's on the front?

Haven't been anywhere yet buddy since fitting the new tyres, AC14 will be our next long ish trip. Will report back after the journey. :msn4:

Apologies for not replying sooner :oops:
Tyres were great, no understeer or harshness to report.
Steering felt lighter although that could be down to my new uncracked steering coupling.

Am very impressed with the Bridgestones so far
We had no issues driving at 55mph through horrendous torrential rain either on the mway, no aquaplaning or drifiting.

Next trip will be a longer one to Dubs@TheCastle

I finally got my whitewalls on after a lot of messing around, still very tight on rear at petrol filler side, so need to find a solution to that really. Now I'm not happy with the ride height, so do I need a narrow beam and a different way of lowering. Whats the best option?

StuF said:
Now running these tyres on the front wheels!

While it looks cool, the tyre load rating (72= maximum of 355kg per tyre) is probably not even enough for an empty van or microbus with 2 up front, let alone if you've got a camping interior...

It's your choice to run it, and I respect that, but those tyres are, IMO, not strong enough for a bus.

Hi guys. Lokking for some tyre advice. Im currently running 185/80 commercial tyres. We want to fit some white walls with a good load rating. I was thinking of changing to 195/70/15 which gives us a wide choice but not with a white wall. So im thinking of goung 185/65. The bus will be good for it as I'm alrwady running a modified gearbox with a longer 3rd and 4th gear so reduction in rolling radius won't be an issue. I'm also running a red9 adjustable front beam and can knock the rear splines around one at the rear to get the look right. I just can't find a set of white wall tyres with the correct load rating. Can anybody help.

Latest posts