'69 Westy tintop in San Diego

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
slammedresto said:
score :mrgreen:
Score indeed :mrgreen:

So this nice solid van is donating to this project the following:

- straight rear bumper, brackets and splash pans.
- straight slider.
- dash board upper part.
- Very straight apron.
- rear tailights.
- hub caps.
- Hankook tires.

I'm sure there will be more 8)

Now on my property.

mopix093.jpg

I had the rear corner repaired over the weekend and the rear apron is now in place.

018.jpg

017-1.jpg

** Bus is for sale ** See for sale section.

Now with donor straight with splash pans bumper and front cab door.

mo001.jpg

mo003.jpg

Cleaning up the cabin a bit , now with og radio.

mo005.jpg

mo004.jpg

I always wanted a sing written bus so building myself one , one panel at a time :mrgreen:

mo008.jpg

Hi Juan
I've got the tailgate that matches the door!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

L1030572.jpg

it amazes me how far and wide these buses spread when they get broken up. that blue bus didnt seem too bad. someone in the uk would have front clipped it and rolled it. but at least its donating so generously to other project buses. soon be ready for a blow over juan and yet another great bus on the road :D

Graham L said:
Hi Juan
I've got the tailgate that matches the door!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is funny :D , it looks great wall mounted.

andewilson said:
it amazes me how far and wide these buses spread when they get broken up. that blue bus didnt seem too bad. someone in the uk would have front clipped it and rolled it. but at least its donating so generously to other project buses. soon be ready for a blow over juan and yet another great bus on the road :D

Most panels I sell end up in the UK , either with Graham L , Mark at MJC or other resellers I have met at Pomona Swap Meet like FBI, etc.
I was tempted to buy a front clip and restore it but all those solid panels were much needed for my bus , all the remaining good panels and cuts will be soon in the UK via Mark at MJC , if anybody needs the whole rear end clip , give Mark a call.
Thank you Andelwilson for your kind words , I am offering the bus for sale as is at the moment , but if the bus I am interested in ('68 camper) sells before mine I will c ontinue with a full resto. 8)

Sun was out again this morning :msn4: so couldn't help myself taking some latest pictures of the bus 8)

mo018.jpg

mo019.jpg

mo020.jpg

mo021.jpg

mo020.jpg

i just spotted this photo and had to take a double take. i thought it had some sort of crazy home brewed pop top :lol:

Home brewed poptop , now there is an idea :mrgreen:

After attending OCTO today and talking to Randy from Old Bug , Barry from Barry's Boneyard amongst other people, I got inspired and decided to continue with the resto , I have most of the parts to finish it , so why not :D , the other bus I was offered is willing to wait for me so don't need to hurry anymore.
It should be ready in time for the VW Classic.
Here a picture of my swap spot at OCTO today , not much to sell but I delivered previously sold items, I will post some pictures of the show in the gallery later.

octo009.jpg

andewilson said:
mo020.jpg

i just spotted this photo and had to take a double take. i thought it had some sort of crazy home brewed pop top :lol:

I had the same thing! :lol:

@ Juan: Great that you're going to continue the resto! It's such a cool bus! 8)

Great bus project 8)

I too did a double take of the picture with the 'faux poptop' also :mrgreen:

I will post some pictures of the show in the gallery later.

octo009.jpg
[/quote]

yes please juan

cheers

Not much to report , I been buying more parts like this used front emblem , a good polish and should look like new.

belts021.jpg

Also got a rear upper shelf , spice rack and a second folding table to make a cooler top , all westy bits now off the bus.

belts049.jpg

Over the weekend I removed this old rusty , leaky , ugly , contaminating , noisy , not og piece of poo :evil: :lol:

belts230.jpg

It now looks like this and sounds like a true VW bus :mrgreen:

belts234.jpg

belts235.jpg

Is the tray so that as you drive, you can cool your soup :lol:

Look good though :D

Experimenting skinning my bus.

skinit001.jpg

skinit005.jpg

skinit015.jpg

skinit024.jpg

skinit028.jpg

skinit037.jpg

I think I'm gonna go all the way around , it took me about an hour to do this much , it was my fisrt time and I was affraid to do any damage , it should go a lot faster now.